Welcome to the GRAPE house in OT! Completely remodeled in 2015 this 1840s end unit row house is located in sought after SE Quadrant of Old Town, Alexandria. As of 2015 all new: HVAC, Plumbing, Electric, Hardwood floors, and Built-in books shelves. The gourmet kitchen is a chefs delight, with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, along with a stand along gas fireplace. The Exposed brick walls bring character to this historic home and a magnificent skylight fills the primary bedroom with natural sunlight. Not to be missed is the fabulous fenced backyard with FIRE PIT, that can easily host a large party and/or the perfect space for grilling or relaxing after a long day of work! Bonus basement 12X12 perfect for storage or perhaps a wine cellar.
601 S. Saint Asaph Street was built as part of a four-house unit in the mid-1800's (circa 1842) Sometime in the early 1900s, when the Wilson Brothers, William L. and Wadsworth, owned the property they ran it as a grocery store, an advertisement for Grape Chewing Tobacco reading "CHEW GRAPE" was painted on the side of the building. Some years later, the sign was plastered over, hiding it from the world as well as preserving it. The grocery was turned into a residence and the sign forgotten. A window was punched into the wall, removing some of the "R" of Grape. Years later, in 2015, the current owners of the housed decided to add an addition, and the plaster of the house was chipped off revealing the sign to the world once again.
The Podolsky Group takes a different approach to real estate, one that is built on personal touches, win-win deals and positive results. Podolsky utilizes the latest technologies, market research and business strategies to exceed your expectations.Contact Us